No matter who you are, chances are you’ve been exposed to heavy metals. Not just once, but on a regular basis, which is why toxicity due to heavy metals has become increasingly common.
The accumulation of heavy metals poses a very serious health threat as these metals slowly stress and poison your body.
The good news is, it’s actually quite simple and inexpensive to purge your body of these heavy metals by adding just a few specific supplemental foods to your diet.
Much like chelation therapy, a medical procedure using an IV and what are known as chelation agents to bond with the metals and eliminate them from the body, these foods also attract and bond with the metals removing them from the body tissues.
What follows are six foods that you can easily add to your diet that can help reduce the level of toxic metals in your system.
1. Spirulina – this is edible blue-green algae known for its strong odor and unique green color. Spirulina delivers a powerful protein dose complete with all eight essential amino acids, it also provides iron, folic acid, B vitamins, selenium, and manganese. It’s particularly effective at removing heavy metals from the nervous system and the liver.
2. Chlorella – this is another form of algae with a solid green color. Unlike spirulina it’s a little harder to digest, which adds to its ability to remove heavy metals. The tough hard to digest cell walls of chlorella bind to toxins in your body and carry them along as they’re excreted.
3. Atlantic Dulse – this is another edible form of seaweed and it binds to metals like aluminum mercury, lead, copper, and nickel. Its effectiveness extends along the entire digestive tract all the way to the colon, seeking out and binding with toxic heavy metals and carrying them out of the body.
4. Barley Grass Juice Powder - you won’t typically find this in most grocery stores, but it does help remove heavy metals from the digestive system and reproductive organs. When combined with spirulina, barley grass juice powder can be even more effective.
5. Dandelion and Milk Thistle - these are both edible wild plants that effectively cleanse the blood vessels and improve liver function. Maintaining liver function is vital to removing toxins because the liver plays a key role in removing toxins from the body.
6. Ginger – ginger offers a variety of health benefits ranging from help with digestion and reducing inflammation to improving kidney function. Through its actions on the kidneys ginger helps in the elimination of toxins and supports kidney health during a heavy metal detox.
These six food supplements are powerful cleansing agents and help rid your body of accumulated heavy metals. My suggestion is that you start using them right away.